Stichting SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (a foundation established under Dutch law), registered at Parkstraat 83, 2514 JG The Hague, The Netherlands, [represented by SNV in Uganda] hereinafter referred to as “SNV” is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org.
Job Purpose: To support the operations function of SNV to deliver in arrange of areas like procurement, logistics, transport, asset management and administration.
- Support the Operations department in the delivery and optimising the use of guidelines and procedures for operations supports services like procurement, administration, logistics, IT to ensure business continuity.
- Assist in hosting guests, visitors, and volunteers.
Logistics and Procurement
- Support the initiation of all procurement of goods and services in line with SNV policies and procedures including donor donor requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of procurement in support of programme implementation in line with SNV and donor policies.
- Supports in the arrangement of accommodation for workshops, client meetings and trainings.
- Arranges for delivery of goods to relevant stakeholders in the organisation.
- Managing a range communication between operations and suppliers.
- Developing and Providing necessary bid documents to prospecting suppliers of goods and services to the Country program
- Liaises with User Departments and the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the procured goods and services and the corresponding payments.
- Helps to coordinate advertisement and sell of bid documents and maintaining a suppliers list.
- Coordinates the receipt, opening and evaluation of the procurement bids in liaison with the technical experts and user departments.
Inventory & Asset Management
- Supporting in the update inventory list of equipment, assets and means of transport, and the relevant contracts and leases.
- Supporting in organising equipment, stationery and coordinates replacement when required, in consultation with and with approval of the supervisor and conform the given authorisation and (procurement) procedures.
- Providing support to the operations function in inventory management so that all procured items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management systems.
- References, verifies, and manages the procurement and disposal documentation and ensures their safe custody.
- Supports in Contracts Management including preparation and issue of contracts and monitoring implementation.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, logistics, supply chain, business administration, commerce or related field.
- Two or more years of experience playing multiple operation roles.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Understanding of the procurement policies, procedures, processes and cycle.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, organized, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to cooperate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fast learner
- Good communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong integrity.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your application letter and CV (in English) that highlights three referees before 28th July 2021. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
Click the Link below to Apply