Ref: GHU 002/2021
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU is inviting applications for the position of GRANTS OFFICER, based in Kampala. The main purpose of this position is to support the pre and post award grants management processes and ensure efficient running of the Grants Office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or any business-related field.
Experience, skills and other requirements
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary researchers.
- Experience in grant development and process for submission. (Writing, budgets, supporting documentation)
- Experience in grant review and compliance.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in report writing skills.
- Have an analytical mind.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and observe deadlines.
- Prior experience working in a busy research/ grant’s office will be an added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify relevant funding opportunities and share with staff.
- Coordinate proposal development process by maintaining checklists and tracking progress.
- Support the development of budgets and justification for new and continuing projects.
- Compile the required support documents for GHU proposals.
- Review grant applications for completeness, accuracy and compliance with granting body requirements.
- Participate in proposal submission.
- Update GHU registrations on relevant grants submission platforms.
- Maintain records, files, reports, databases and resource materials pertinent to Grants Office activities.
- Keep PIs and other GHU staff updated with new guidelines.
- Update the GHU Grants Tracker/calendar, highlighting important dates and share it with relevant team members on a monthly basis.
- Participate in close-out of projects.
- Participate in organizing capacity building sessions for grants management.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a TYPED cover letter, a detailed CV, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of three work related referees all in one PDF document addressed to: The Human Resource Officer, Global Health Uganda, P.O BOX 33842, Kampala, Uganda.
Kindly send your application to the email email@example.com not later than Wednesday September 15, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.