Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Emergency Communications Officer|
|Reports||Head Communications, Resource Mobilisation and Partnerships|
The purpose of this position is, to ensure timely life line communication during emergencies.
In liaison with Emergency Preparedness and Response Manager, Head of Disaster Risk Management, the Emergency Communications Officer will produce a wide range of written and photographic communications resources/materials and manage platforms linked to major focus areas of Uganda Red Cross Society to profile Uganda Red Cross Society humanitarian and emergency response work across the Country.
- Supporting the Emergency Preparedness and Response communications efforts of the Uganda Red Cross Society including gathering and dissemination of accurate, timely information and communications materials to all internal and external stake holders
- Working directly with the URCS Head of communications in continuous monitoring of local Media and Social media channels to stay abreast of critical trends and developments.
- Supporting media relations activities by pitching story ideas about Uganda Red Cross Society Project operations, arranging, media events and requests – including visits to field operations, fielding international media interviews when required,
- Supporting with social media engagement by gathering and sharing compelling content for Uganda Red Cross Society channels, tracking trends and rumours, developing social media content and guidance to support staff and volunteers.
- Supporting Uganda Red Cross Society in implementing communications strategies that are targeted and relevant on multiple Communication channels
- Provides communications support to promote grant, technical and sector function positioning and visibility of the National Society
- Collects advocacy stories, writes and publishes content on the URCS website and other communication Portals
- Develop and produce IEC Materials for different advocacy campaigns undertaken by the URCS Emergency Preparedness and Response teams.
- Implements URCS Communications Strategy, and ensures staff understanding and monitor for compliance
- Develop and maintain key media contacts and facilitate visits from other URCS/external partners.
- Analyses the humanitarian, media, political, security and response landscape for positioning opportunities and risk management in order to advise management on the National Society’s response and humanitarian goals.
|Education Qualifications||Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Marketing, International politics or related field from a reputable institution.|
|Working Experience||Minimum 3 years of experience working as an Emergency Communications Officer with a development agency OR an Emergency reporter with a reputable Media House;Experience in the two or more of the following fields will be an added advantage;Independently delivering a range of compelling communications content from the field including Human interest stories, social media content and AV materials.Experience in managing Crisis communications issues in complex and delicate situationsExperience in building and maintaining media relations and contacts.|
|Core Competencies and knowledge||Excellent writing, photographic and Video skills is required.Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.Team player with good organizational skillsAn energetic, analytical and self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility.Demonstrated ability to think and manage strategically, plan and meet deadlines.Knowledge of humanitarian affairsStrong spoken and written English including proven experience in drafting compelling communications content for a variety of communications channels Self-supporting in ITDemonstrated understanding and use of social media for communications and advocacy purposesAbility to negotiate with varying partnersAbility to multi-task and work under pressure with good analytical skills|
Download application template from here