Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Focal Person – Blood Donor Recruitment (1 position)|
|Reports||Program Manager – Blood Donor Recruitment|
|Duration||8 months with possibility of renewal|
Uganda Red Cross Society – Blood Donor Mobilization program is implemented in partnership with the Ministry of Health – Uganda Blood Transfusion Service (UBTS) through a Memorandum of Understanding with a mandate to mobilize, sensitize, recruit and retain regular blood donors. URCS is focusing on widening the program scope to enroll more adult blood donors especially out of school communities to sustainably manage the seasonal blood shortages during school holidays. Uganda Red Cross Society is looking for experienced professionals to grow this initiative.
The Blood Donor Recruitment Focal Person work as URCS liaison with UBTS at the regional Blood Bank responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of blood donor mobilization activities in the regional blood bank catchment/operational area. He/she will be responsible for the generation of BDR regional plans, implementation of plans and dissemination of quality information on blood donation with special focus on community blood donors. Critically observe and maintain URCS role in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Health / Uganda Blood Transfusion Service
- To work towards the achievement of overall goals of the Uganda Red Cross Society through effective managerial and lateral relations;
- To ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relations and accountabilities;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual Blood Donor Mobilization program work plan and budgets;
- Create awareness, information and education about Blood donor motivation and retention;
- Organize and publicize blood donation drives / camps in close cooperation with UBTS;
- Provide counseling services to blood donors in a timely and confidential manner in close collaboration with UBTS;
- Develop and strengthen a referral system for blood donors in collaboration with partner organizations;
- Work with Branch Managers, Community counselors and volunteers to strengthen community blood donor clubs and club 25 in the catchment area;
- To initiate, develop and implement new blood donor motivation and retention strategies for community blood donors;
- Develop resource mobilization initiatives to support BDR motivation and retention strategies;
- Ensure timely submission of regional data and activity reports and accountabilities on quarterly and annual basis;
- Any other relevant emerging tasks as agreed with the supervisor.
|Education Qualifications||Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in SWASA, Sociology, Counseling and Guidance, Community Psychology or a related field from a reputable institution.Professional qualification in Counseling and Guidance from a reputable institution is an added advantage|
|Essential Experience||Minimum 2 years’ experience managing Community Projects involving Mobilization, Social Marketing and Public relations for Health InterventionsKnowledge of the local language(s) of the area where you are applying for is an added advantage|
|Essential Skills||High level of integrityA team player that is ready to drive the team to achieve targetsExperience with research in community behavioural change initiativesGood organizational and administrative skillsAbility to deal sensitively and discreetly with people and information to maintain confidentialityCommitment to URCS values and principles.|
Download application template from here