In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
Our team has doubled over the past 6 months and we will continue to grow rapidly this year.
We’re looking for a digital manager who’s creative and resourceful. We recently started diving into our digital marketing efforts and, joining our new marketing team, you’ll be the person responsible for Wave UG’s social media platforms as we rapidly scale our business in UG.
In managing our social media presence, you’ll:
- Help us build an online community of hundreds of thousands of followers on social media
- Create pertinent content and maintain our editorial calendar
- Collaborate with our customer support team and guarantee that we provide the best user experience on social media
- Optimize our digital acquisitions and brand positioning
- Measure and report performances of all digital marketing activities and channels.
- Location: Kampala with possible travel
- Must have the authorization to work in Uganda.
- Fluent in English
- 3 years of experience in digital marketing
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Facebook Re-targeting, Facebook Pixel, and Business Manager, and other digital channels
- Strong skillset in display advertising
You might be a good fit if you
- Have successfully managed social media pages for an FMCG, telco or financial institution, or other industries with a tangible digital presence
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, especially for copywriting
- Are creative and enjoy creating original content (graphics, photos, videos…)
- Are well organized and pay attention to details
- Are data-oriented and able to measure and report successes/failures
- Possess a bias toward action and testing, and are analytical and intellectually curious
- Are creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
31 December 2021