Sunmaker HR Consulting is hiring an experienced and results-driven construction engineer to supervise construction projects. Applicants should be either from India, Egypt or Pakistan.
The Construction Engineer shall perform supervision during construction work performed by EPC contractors to ensure company standards are followed.
- Coordinate with Contractor overall construction processes and monitor contractor performance assuring the application of all the relevant HSEQ and QA procedures are followed and provide technical support as required.
- Promote total quality work ethic, safe and pleasant work environment.
- Participate in progress meetings with Contractors and ensure all aspects of work are understood by concerned parties.
- Perform general inspection of materials and its technical condition and liaise with QC department.
- Monitor that contractor has engaged adequate manpower and equipment to execute the contract according to schedule.
- Support contractors & subcontractors, and coordinate with consultants supporting particular area of responsibility.
- Review and evaluate technical submittals and shop drawings submitted by contractor and vendors.
- Verify work progress as per contractor’s invoices against actual works performed.
- Tracking as-built documentation from beginning of construction through final project handover.
- Assure the application of all relevant local norms, company standards and international best practices on accident prevention and human protection.
- Quality and consistency of construction activities according to project scope of work.
- Observe company values at any time and in all matters.
- Maintain focus on technical excellence and innovation.
- Support collaboration and integration across departments and locations and accelerate learning and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure that all information, written as well as verbal, concerning the company is treated confidentially.
- Timeliness and accuracy of installation and control information provided, including: executed works compliance to project technical specifications and work progress.
- Monitoring installation activities and controlling that their execution is in line with project plans and highlighting any possible deviations suggesting possible solutions.
- Prepare input for weekly construction progress and risk report.
- University degree in engineering, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant construction site experience.
- Team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and English/Russian communication skills.
- Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment.
- Proven knowledge and thorough understanding of Quality Assurance activities in connection with large construction projects.
- Experienced in MS Office package, Knowledgeable in MS Project and AutoCad.
- Internal and external training opportunities will be provided as required.
Candidates outside Uganda and Tanzania will be given much priority.
Length of Contract: 1 Year Annual Contracting
Preferred Gender: Male
Expecting Joining Date: ASAP
31 December 2021