Amitruck is a delivery marketplace that is bringing trust and efficiency to the $200B African logistics market.
Amitruck is seeking a Country Manager to be based in Uganda. The focus of responsibilities will be to oversee all of Sales, Partner Operations, & Support at a country level with the aim to make Amitruck the leading trucking logistics platform.
We are currently going through a very high growth period and we are looking for someone who will be able to hit the ground running, have a very proactive work ethic, and be interested in developing African start-ups.
Duties and responsibilities
Obsess about the customer
- Focus on the customers, champion and understand their needs and double up when they are delighted.
- Foster a deep understanding of the company vision, and our competitive and market environments in order to help shape market strategies.
- Ensure that Amitruck provides industry-leading customer experience to grow retention (engagement, adoption and expansion).
- Build high performing teams across Sales, Partner Operations and Support.
- Build, lead and empower a team to grow Amitrucks’s Partners in the country.
- Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth.
- Own and lead overarching Customer Acquisition Strategy.
- Manage the Support Team to deliver on and monitor Customer Care KPIs.
- Mentor Team Leads into future executive roles for Amitruck.
- Manage and motivate teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Lead the overall tracking, forecasting and communication of related success metrics.
- Ensure Partner Operations and Sales balance optimally on Amitruck’s platform.
- Work side-by-side with the COO and CEO to deliver on Amitruck’s growth targets.
- Define Amitruck’s commercial path to growth and profitability and establish an effective growth
process and infrastructure.
- Work closely with Tech and Business teams to identify strategic partnership opportunities.
- Own the P&L, pricing, categories and market performance for the Country operations.
- Own quarterly metrics and reports for executive management.
Continuously learn and simplify processes
- Be a thought leader – bring new ideas to the table, challenge teams to innovate and set the highest bar for the standard of our execution.
- Automate and increase efficiency of Support channels.
- Analyze and optimize the quality and efficiency of Amitruck’s services.
- Analyze marketing performance reports and make proactive recommendations for changes.
- Develop and execute on the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to growth.
- Ensure transparent communication with all our customers and partners from the terms of conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the Amitruck team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing. Masters or MBA preferably.
- A leader: You have managed, grown, and nurtured teams. You know how to develop individuals into superstars.
- Strategic: You’re an expert in building businesses. You appreciate the importance of the tiniest detail to deliver on the big vision.
- Experienced and proven result from a similar position and, a seasoned executive with 8 –10 years of senior management experience with P/L responsibility.
- Connected: You always know the right person to speak with and come with a portfolio of companies that would benefit from our solution.
- A professional who likes to have fun: You know how to make the right impression and are always focused on delivering, but you know how to have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Passionate about growth: You love setting and beating targets. Growth is an addiction for you.
- Problem-solver: analytical mind that can navigate obstacles on the fly in a logical and rational way. Engage in precise, data and details about the business.
- You are an excellent and influential communicator and use data to reinforce your positions and decisions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and potential stock options depending on the profile
- Health Insurance – Inpatient and Outpatient
- Office Laptop and Phone