Amitruck is a digital logistics startup that has been voted as a top African startup to watch in 2021. Our goal is to bring trust and transparency back to transport by connecting our clients directly to our large network of motor bikes, pickups, vans, and trucks. We have saved our current clients more than 30% in transportation costs and are now expanding our footprint across the region.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities in order to generate GMV. You will improve profitability by acquiring new business to grow the transport unit. Your work will involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate business sector, or enhancing the operations of the transport unit.
As a dedicated professional and a strategic thinker who has a very broad understanding of sectors, you will assist in the acquisition of a diverse portfolio and understand the unique needs of various proprietors and future clients.
- Ensure that management is constantly appraised of the business acquisition activities, market opportunities, status, trends and business developments.
- Develop strategies to realize commercial opportunities and minimize risks to the business
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Transport Unit’s portfolio and working knowledge of competitor products/services
- Provide ad-hoc and on-going decision support to the management by engaging in data analysis, risk/return analysis, research and market assessment activities for varying business scenarios.
- Identify new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secures new deals, contracts and long-term relationships.
- Obtain support from the Head of department to finalize recommendations and negotiation strategy.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short-long term plans, proposals under scrutiny and any other activity related to the business
- Ensure areas of responsibility are delivered in a way that are consistent with the company’s goals and financial-cost improvement plans
- Monitor industry and sector legislative developments, develop and implement strategic changes in order to maintain compliance and maximize business performance
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, community organizations, regulatory bodies etc
- Provide commercial and business development support/advice to other areas of the business within the Transport according to the need.
- Writing business proposals, conducting research and feasibility studies, and reviewing market analysis reports as may be required from time to time
- Perform other related duties as required
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- At least 8+ years experience in B2B sales
- A leader: Exceptional leader and motivator of people that displays exceptional leadership
- Strategic: You’re an expert in building businesses. You appreciate the importance of the tiniest detail to deliver on the big vision.
- General management: Significant experience in Senior management or experience in the express / logistics or within similar service related businesses.
- Connected: You always know the right person to speak with and come with a portfolio of companies that would benefit from Amitruck innovative solution.
- Passionate about growth: You love setting and beating targets. Growth is an addiction for you.
- Problem-solver: analytical mind that can navigate obstacles on the fly in a logical and rational way. Engage in precise data and details about the business.
- You are an excellent and influential communicator and use data to reinforce your positions and decisions.
- Understanding of all functional aspects of the business and sound experience managing a complete Profit and Loss entity of relatively similar size.
- High degree of business acumen and understanding of the external economic environment and how this may affect Amitruck short and long term planning.
- Analytical skills – Excel skill
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Problem solver
- Ability to handle irate partners in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through a commitment to hard work, continuous improvement, and achievement of goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.