JOB TITLE 2: MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Salary Scale: RF 3
Department: Monitoring & Evaluation
Reports to: Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation
To contribute to the development of a work programme for the monitoring and evaluation team
and manage workloads and work streams to ensure the programme is delivered according to plan.
1. Support implementation of an ongoing monitoring and evaluation programme addressing the collection of revenues and performance of programmed activities by the Fund.
2. Monitor performance of designated agencies against KPIs including undertaking impromptu monitoring and evaluation field visits.
3. Identify strengths & weaknesses among funded road maintenance programmes and propose corrective actions.
4. Monitor network metrics and trends and assess value for money invested in road maintenance.
5. Contribute to the design and implementation of studies, surveys, midterm and annual reviews and propose necessary improvements.
6. Prepare quarterly and periodic M&E reports any other required reports, presentations and papers for feedback to agencies including presentation to the Fund Managemen Committee and the Board.
7. Support Manager M&E in contract management and supervision of outsourced M&E services;
8. Support the Fund in compilation of data for the One-Year, Three-Year and Five-Year Road Maintenance Plans.
9. Undertake such other functions and duties that are delegated to the position.
Person Specifications and Experience:
a. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized university. A Master’s degree in Highways or Pavement Engineering, construction Management, Transport Planning, or Transport Economics is an added advantage. Should have up to date professional membership of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE) and registration with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) with a current practicing certificate.
b. Five years working experience which should have been gained in the road works construction/supervision and M&E experience within the transport or road sector in Uganda.
c. A thorough understanding of the principles of road maintenance, planning, asset management and investment appraisal preferably with experience gained from transport or road sector.
d. Thorough understanding of the road sub sector in Uganda.
e. Strong data analytical skills.
f. Thorough understanding of the principles of Monitoring and evaluation.
g. Conversant with work flow management system to guide decision making.
h. Fully computer literate with detailed knowledge of industry standard business applications.
i. Self-driven and self-motivated.
Conditions for Application:
Applications must be accompanied by
(i) a capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the position and illustrated personal experience;
(ii) copies of testimonials;
(iii) detailed curriculum vitae showing positions held;
(iv) current salary;
(v) 3 referees; and
(vi) postal address, day time telephone contacts and email address of applicants should be submitted in hard copy to:
The Executive Director / Secretary to Board, Uganda Road Fund Headquarters, PPDA-URF
Towers, Plot 39, Nakasero Road, P.O. Box 7501, Kampala, not later than Thursday 20th
January 2022, 4:00pm.
Only candidates who unequivocally meet the requirements of the positions will be considered
for further evaluation and interview. Any form of canvassing will result in automatic
disqualification. The URF is an equal opportunity merit-based employer.