JOB TITLE 5: RISK COMPLIANCE OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Salary Scale: RF 3
Department: Policy and Strategy
Reports To: Manager, Policy and Strategy
To support the co-ordination, development and implementation of the Fund’s policies, strategies, plans and reports to ensure achievement of URF’s goals and objectives.
1. Prepare the Risk management system and framework for the Fund.
2. Prepare and develop the URF risk strategy and regularly identify, analyze and classify risks and formulate the desired responses.
3. Carry out regular long-term risk management system monitoring and control for the Fund’s activities and her Designated Agencies and prepare attendant reports.
4. Prepare the scope of risks identified for designated agencies and propose mitigation / responses.
5. Carry out planned and ad-hoc risk reviews on selected projects in designated agencies and make recommendations for corrective actions.
6. Prepare draft reports for submission to Management and the Board.
7. Perform any other duties assigned by Management from time to time.
Person Specifications and Experience:
a. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
b. Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board, with a current practicing
c. Minimum of 5 year experience in the road sub-sector and experience in Road Works
d. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
e. Computer literacy.
f. Ability to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality.
g. Demonstrable team leadership and good organization skills.
Conditions for Application:
Applications must be accompanied by
(i) a capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the position and illustrated personal experience;
(ii) copies of testimonials;
(iii) detailed curriculum vitae showing positions held;
(iv) current salary;
(v) 3 referees; and
(vi) postal address, day time telephone contacts and email address of applicants should be submitted in hard copy to: The Executive Director / Secretary to Board, Uganda Road Fund Headquarters, PPDA-URF Towers, Plot 39, Nakasero Road, P.O. Box 7501, Kampala, not later than Thursday 20th January 2022, 4:00pm.
Only candidates who unequivocally meet the requirements of the positions will be considered
for further evaluation and interview. Any form of canvassing will result in automatic
disqualification. The URF is an equal opportunity merit-based employer.