HR Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the HR office. S/He manages administration of the HR policies, procedures and programs. HR generalist partners with HR manager, Senior HR Generalist and HR administrator to give full support to the managers and supervisors in implantation of the projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in HR Practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology and or Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Masters in Business Administration specializing in HR option.
- Deep understanding of Labor Laws and employment equity regulations
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Should be highly organized with high level of attention to detail as enormous information is within her jurisdiction.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Should have a high level of Confidentiality as sensitive information is within his / her jurisdiction.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Should have excellent communication skills such as good listening, speaking, and writing skills.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions