- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering; or Civil Engineering; or Irrigation Engineering; or Water Resources Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Engineer, Irrigation and Drainage for performing the following duties:-
– Promoting implementation and evaluation of irrigation systems and projects according to technical specifications and in conformance with environmental standards;
– Advising on constructing methods, materials and quality standards and developing the necessary designs;
– Assessing sites and collecting information for developing drawings and plans for irrigation systems;
– Supervising construction of irrigation systems and structures;
– Promoting maintenance and repairing of irrigation systems, facilities and related farm structures;
– Testing irrigation systems and related technologies in order to ensure their viability, efficiency and effectiveness;
– Providing technical support and training extension staff in irrigation systems through partnerships with Private Sector and District Local Governments;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants are advised to Apply ON-LINE following the steps below;
Step 1: Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
Step 2: Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards) or (Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents). (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only); Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
Step 3: If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
Step 4: Click on Jobs Then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
Step 5: Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
Step 6: View the job details and click apply.
Step 7: Review your application and submit.
- h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to automatic disqualification.
- a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
- b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
- c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
- d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
- e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
- f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
24th Jan 2021